Plan Profile Return to Search Results
Multipaned windows, arched openings, and an array of gables give an open, inviting look to this two-level contemporary cottage home plan. Its vaulted entry opens into the vaulted dining room, which links with the kitchen. The entry also flows out into a large and comfortable vaulted great room, open to the kitchen and nook.
Click items to enlarge
Two-level Glendora is bright & spacious
Multipaned windows, arched openings, and a collection of attractive gables give an open, inviting look to the Glendora.
This contemporary cottage is designed for construction on a lot that slopes down at the rear, so it's much larger than appearances would suggest. Approximately 60% of the living space is on the main floor, while the other 40% is in the expansive daylight basement below.
Entering, you step into a vaulted entry that's partially open to the vaulted dining room on the left. Natural light spills into the dining area through its high, wide window bay, creating a room as bright as it is spacious. A pocket door on the opposite wall of the dining room can open or close the passageway to the kitchen.
The entry leads directly into a large and comfortable vaulted great room. Windows flank and crown a gas fireplace that creates a warm and colorful focal point. This room is open to the vaulted breakfast nook, where an atrium door opens onto a deck with a handrail. The nook is fully open to the kitchen and has a raised eating bar to mark the boundary. Appliances are built in, while cupboard, pantry, and counter spaces are all in generous supply.
A powder room, utility room and owners' suite fill out the rest of the main floor. Owners' suite amenities include an extra-deep walk-in closet, and a luxurious bathroom complete with a spa tub, dual vanity, and walk-in shower.
Two more bedrooms share another full bathroom downstairs in the Glendora's daylight basement. One is slightly larger and has a walk-in closet. Several storage closets and a combination family and recreation room are also on this level. Sliding glass doors offer access to a covered patio.