We at Associated Designs thank you for your interest in our home plans. Purchasing a pre-designed plan can be practical and economical. All plans on our website have been developed with the utmost commitment to quality, accuracy and usefulness. Following is a description of the products and plans packages we offer, as well as details of our ordering and privacy policies.
Associated Designs Home Plans Collection
More than 550 of Associated Designs best home plans are bound together in this attractive paperback book. Each plan includes the floor plans, basic specifications, and an artist's drawing of the finished home. The Home Plans Collection is only $15 (plus shipping). It can be ordered online, by phone or mail. Order the Home Plans Collection today!
Plan Packages and Options
Full construction drawing sets are available for all designs featured on our website. Once you've decided on a plan, order the plans package that best suits your needs. Policies are listed below, as well as a description of what's in each Plan Set. To search our plans collection, click Find a Plan. If you have any questions, please Contact Us or use the Live Chat feature below. (product descriptions effective January 1, 2015)
- 1-Set Study Package: A single set prints and PDF Bid set. Ideal for personal study and initial reviews. With the study package your contractor can provide more accurate quotes for construction. Single set plans are marked Not For Construction and PDF Bid sets are non-printable. Once you and your contractor have reviewed the plan and decided to proceed with building your new home we offer a 100% upgrade credit towards a construction package or plan modification (valid within one year of purchase).
- 5-Set Construction Package: 5 sets of prints allow you to provide plans to the building department, mortgage lender, and subcontractors. This option is the minimum package available to obtain a license agreement to construct the home.
- 8-Set Construction Package: 8 sets of prints allow you to provide plans to the building department, mortgage lender, subcontractors, with enough sets so you can keep a copy as well as have backups if site copies are damaged or misplaced.
- PDF Bid Set: Available with purchase of a 5 or 8 set construction package. Use this non-printable/non-modifiable PDF to submit plans to building departments accepting electronic plan submittals (check with your building department) as well as provide plans electronically to subcontractors such as truss manufacturers, lumberyards and others.
- Additional Sets: Additional sets of your plans are available if they are ordered within one year of your original order.
- PDF Print Set: A non-modifiable, print only PDF file. Save time, gas, money and a paper! Rather than drive around delivering prints, the PDF Print file makes it easy to email plans to truss manufacturers, lumberyards, and other subcontractors. Use free viewing software such as Adobe Reader to view the construction drawings on your computer or tablet. They are ideal for building departments who accept electronic submissions for permitting. Email your file along with the license agreement to your local print shop, and print the exact number of sets you need as you need them.
- PDF Master: An unlocked modifiable PDF file. Today's technology allows your local professional to make engineering mark-ups or design changes to this PDF Master with compatible software. This package also saves time and gas, with no expensive shipping cost. The PDF Master is ideal for building departments who accept electronic submissions for permitting. PDF files make it easy to email plans to truss manufacturers, lumberyards, and subcontractors. Email your files along with the copyright release to your local print shop and print the exact number of sets you need.
- CAD Electronic Files: CAD Electronic Files provide you with the plan in a .dwg or .dxf file format which can be modified and reproduced by a local professional using compatible software. By using the CAD Electronic Files a local professional can make sure any changes are integrated throughout the entire plan. As a bonus you are provided with a PDF Master for easy distribution of the plan to subcontractors such as flooring contractors, cabinet manufacturers and interior designers. For plan alterations please consider using our modification services (see below). We are the best source for protecting the design integrity while providing you with a home plan tailored to you. We have decades of design experience to help you create a design that you and your family will love living in for years to come. This electronic version of the plan is available by email or can be shipped on a CD.
- Right Reading Reverse Sets: A full reverse of the plan with text reading correctly.
- Multi-Use License: This construction license allows unlimited use of the design for builders and developers who wish to build the home more than one time as allowed by the standard construction license. Please Note: to purchase a multi-use license you must first purchase one of our reproducible plan packages (PDF Print Set, PDF Masters, or CAD Electronic Files).
Any plan can be custom tailored to fit your needs or the specifications of your building lot. We provide free modification quotes to help begin the process. See Customize Your Plan.
Guaranteed: 110% Lowest Price
Ordering your plans direct from the designer can help you avoid frustrating time delays. When you buy from a third party website waiting 24 hours or more for your plan or construction questions to be relayed and answered is not unusual. When you buy from Associated Designs our knowledgable staff is available to answer your questions directly.
Associated Designs, will guarantee the lowest price by 110%. If you find one of our plans on another website or publications released within the last 12 months, we'll do better than matching the price for the same package. We'll give it to you for 10% less!
Simply call us at 800-634-0123 and provide us with the website or publication information when placing your order. Once pricing is verified, your plans will be shipped.
Plan package orders are generally shipped within one business day of receipt of your order. If for any reason your package will be delayed, we will contact you with an anticipated shipping date. PDF Print Set, PDF Master and CAD Electronic Files are provided to you via email not only saving shipping fees but putting the plans in your hands faster than waiting for prints to be delivered.
For our plans packages shipped within the continental united states we offer 3 shipping options:
- Standard (5-8 business days) $20.00
- Priority (3-5 business days) $45.00
- Expedited (1-2 business days) $80.00
Shipping rates outside the continental united states vary. For those orders you will be contacted with available shipping options and rates after your order has been placed. If you would like a shipping quote before hand, please give us a call. Or save the hassle and expense and consider one of our electronic plan packages and have the plans emailed to you for no additional charge.
After your order has been placed, the tracking number will be emailed you enabling you to track your package progress and see when you can expect delivery.
What's in a Plan Set?
Each plan set is drawn at 1/4"=1' scale and includes the following drawings:
Important: Plans with the "Guest Designer" label may not include all pages described above. Featured guest designers have different drafting styles, therefore construction drawing layouts and content will vary according to the region from which they originate.
We authorize the use of our prints for the construction of one (1) residence on the express condition that you strictly comply with all local building codes and other applicable laws. All plans are copyrighted and cannot be copied without a copyright release.
All drawings are produced on a computer with the utmost attention to detail. Plans by guest designers may be drawn in a style preferred in their region.
Plans specify sizes for doors, windows, fixtures, and so on, but we do not specify any manufacturer's products. The owner and builder may make product selections based on taste, budget, and availability.
Our plans do not include an estimate of the cost to build, because costs vary widely by region and season. To estimate the cost of building a plan in your area before you purchase the plans, we recommend you purchase a 1-Set Study Package, which provides enough information for your builder to estimate building costs.
Materials lists are available for purchase on a limited number of our plans, and available by quote if one is not readily available. The materials list are created to prescribe to industry standards, and is intended as a technical guide and not as step by step instructions. Availability can be found on a plan detail page, or inquire by calling 800-634-0123.
Our plans are drawn to meet or exceed national building codes in effect at the time and place they were drawn. Codes may include the IRC (International Residential Code), CABO (Council of American Building Officials) and /or UBC (Uniform Building Code). However, each state, county and municipality has its own building codes, zoning requirements, ordinances and building regulations. Your plan may need to be modified to comply with local requirements regarding snow loads, energy codes, soil and seismic conditions, and a wide range of other concerns. You may also need to obtain permits and inspections from local governments before and during construction. We strongly recommend that you consult with a building designer and/or licensed engineer, as well as your local building code official, before applying for permits or beginning construction.
Because we have no control over your construction process, we cannot make any warranty, express or implied, with respect to the content or use of our plans, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or of fitness for any particular purpose.
Plans are NOT returnable:
Five and eight set print packages are printed in response to your order and we cannot accept returns for a full refund, you may however upgrade or exchange your order. Once you have returned the product we will provide an 80% credit of the original cost of your plan package. You may use the credit toward your new plan selection or upgrade. Due to the highly reproducible nature of electronic files, PDF Print, PDF Master and CAD Electronic files cannot be returned or exchanged. Please carefully review the license agreement provided with each plan package.